Chocolate Pecan Tart
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (at least 75 percent cacao)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Fresh berries or cherries for garnish, optional
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch tart pan.
- Mix ground chia seeds and water in a small bowl and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Place pecans in a food processor and pulse until an even medium grind is achieved (watching carefully so as not to overgrind and end up with nut butter). Pulse in chia mixture, coconut flour, and salt until mixture forms a ball. Press crust onto the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Prepare while crust is cooling. Chop dark chocolate into small bits and put into a small bowl. In a pan, heat coconut cream on low until it comes to a boil. Pour over the chocolate and stir until melted. Stir in maple syrup.
- Fill crust with the chocolate filling. Place in freezer for 1 hour, until firm, or leave in the refrigerator overnight to set.
- Serve topped with favorite fresh berries.