- 4 black or rooibus tea bags (we used 4 teaspoon of Old Barrel Tea Company’s Mountain Sunrise)
- 1/2–1 cup bourbon (to taste: how strong do your want your popsicles?)
- 4 – 6 tablespoons simple syrup (see directions)
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 – 2 fresh peaches, thinly sliced
Makes 10 popsicles
- Wash and slice one medium to large peach. Add 1-3 slices to each popsicle mold.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Turn off the flame and add the tea bags; let sit for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags, add 2 additional cups of water and refrigerate till cold.
- Make the simple syrup: Bring 1 cup each water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the bourbon (to taste) to the chilled tea, along with the lemon juice and the desired amount of simple syrup. (Any leftover syrup may be stored, covered, at room temperature. Use to sweeten coffee or tea, or to make fresh lemonade.)
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Put in the freezer for 30-60 minutes. Pull the popsicle molds out and add popsicle sticks. Then put them back in the freezer to fully harden. Once frozen, remove molds from the freezer, run warm water over the molds for 10 seconds, pull the pops out, and enjoy.
Latest posts by Edible Santa Fe (see all)
- Apricot and Cherry Mostarda - July 18, 2018
- Add the Agriculture Industry to the #MeToo Movement - July 17, 2018
- Native Sisters - July 9, 2018