Sales Director and Relationship Manager for The Bite
The Bite is looking for a high-performing Sales Director and Relationship Manager to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for the subjects covered by our publications, The Bite and Edible New Mexico— such as the local restaurant scene, the culinary arts, and agricultural topics. The person in this position will be part of the sales team and the organizational hub of a fast-paced media company, providing communication and connection among team members and advertising clients.
You will build and preserve trusting relationships with our customers. We’ll rely on you to find ways to outperform our competition and maintain our company’s positive image. Ultimately, you’ll maintain strong relationships with all our company’s clients to boost our brand and profits in the long-run.
To succeed in this role, you should be an excellent communicator, able to work with sales and marketing teams and build rapport with customers. We also expect you to be a strategic thinker with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills.
Ultimately, you’ll help us meet and surpass business expectations and contribute to our company’s rapid and sustainable growth.
Ideal candidate lives in Albuquerque with reliable transportation. We will consider other demographic locations in New Mexico for the right candidate.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets for The Bite
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Aim to preserve customers and renew contracts—maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Conduct market research to identify potential customers
- Approach potential customers to establish relationships
- Gain solid knowledge of competitors
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands The Bite’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities for The Bite through cold calling, networking and social media
- Set up meetings with potential clients and listening to their wishes and concerns
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections
- Collaborate with team members to achieve better results
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- Management and quality control for all of The Bite’s clients
- Client tracking and ad trafficking for all of The Bite’s and Edible New Mexico’s clients and publications
Payment is dependent on experience, both hourly- and commission-based considered. Benefits include reimbursements for food and travel expenses.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR PRINT
Our magazine’s creative team is driven by fresh ideas and local talent. Edible New Mexico is published bimonthly, with each issue focusing on a particular theme within our local food community in New Mexico. Our stories are celebratory, educational, investigative, and above all, local and seasonal. We choose writers, photographers, and topics for each issue with the intention of balancing coverage and nurturing a wide and loyal readership. We’re particularly drawn to stories that uncover interesting aspects of our local food community, and contributors who are able to synthesize information and deliver an engaging narrative.
We accept pitches and queries from writers on a rolling basis throughout the year. If you’re interested in writing for us, please remember we develop stories well in advance of publication. Stories are usually assigned at least two months before publication and due a month prior.
We publish engaging profiles alongside well-researched, well-told narratives about the foodways of New Mexico. We love a good story, and we seek writers who write in a lively, informative, original, (sometimes) humorous and (always) interesting manner. Food writing experience is not required, but we are seeking writers passionate about what they eat, where it comes from, and local and regional restaurant scenes.
If you have a story idea you think would work well for edible New Mexico, submit a query outlining the subject and focus of your story, its approximate length, and any relevant experience you have with the subject matter. Do not send us a full article on spec. If you have not written for us before, please send links to your writing or attach samples. Send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to write for edible New Mexico, but don’t have a story to pitch, please submit your info to our writer database.
Edible New Mexico strives for high standards in ethics in journalism. When writing for us, please hold to these core principles: accuracy, independence, fairness, and accountability.
Payment for print and web assignments is based on the length and complexity of the assignment and the editorial budget for each issue and agreed on at time of assignment.
PHOTO & ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS
If you are interested in doing photography for edible, please email your portfolio link and rates to email@example.com. Please do not send us an email with individual images attached or galleries of unsorted, unedited images. If your work is a good fit for a story assignment, we’ll be in touch.