- 2 cups grated cucumber about 1 large cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Use a box grater to grate the cucumber, no need to peel or seed. Working with one big handful at a time, lightly squeeze the grated cucumber between your palms over the sink to remove excess moisture. Transfer the squeezed cucumber to a serving bowl, and repeat with the remaining cucumber.
- Add yogurt, olive oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to the bowl, and stir to blend. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Taste and add additional chopped fresh herbs, lemon juice, or salt, if necessary. Serve tzatziki immediately or chill for later.