This recipe appeared in “Cooking Fresh” in the fall issue of edible New Mexico. See all “Celebrating Fall with the Galette” recipes and get the galette dough recipe and instructions here.
Sausage with Caramelized Onion and Mushrooms Galette
- 8 ounces sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 2 cups mushrooms oyster, cremini, portobello, sliced
- 3 –4 sprigs fresh sage chiffonade
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Brown sausage in a large skillet. Remove sausage from pan, reserving fat. In the same skillet, cook onions and mushrooms in the sausage’s rendered fat and butter. Season with salt to taste. Remove from heat, combine with sausage, and let cool.
- Follow assembly instructions for galette, layering ricotta, sausage mixture, and sage evenly on the dough. Fold pastry and bake.