This recipe appeared in “Cooking Fresh” in the fall issue of edible New Mexico. See all “Celebrating Fall with the Galette” recipes and get the galette dough recipe and instructions here.
Beet and Sweet Potato with Rosemary Ricotta Galette
- 2 medium beets
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel the beets and slice into 1/8-inch slices. Toss with olive oil and salt. Spread out into a single layer on a sheet tray. Roast until tender, 20–25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, rosemary, salt, garlic, and egg.
- Roll out the dough. Spread ricotta cheese mixture onto dough, leaving a 2-inch border, and layer rounds of cut sweet potato and beets on top of ricotta cheese. Sprinkle top with fresh thyme, goat cheese, and pepper. Fold pastry and bake.