Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup blue cornmeal
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cream together the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the blue cornmeal, sift in the flour and the baking powder, and mix well. Fold in the thyme.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake 10–12 minutes, or until lightly browned at edges, switching positions of the sheets halfway through. Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before carefully transferring with a thin spatula to wire racks to cool to room temperature.