Serves 2 – Adapted from Food Blogga
Tatsoi, an Asian brassica with a mild mustardy flavor, stands up to sautéing and pairs nicely with crispy pork belly.
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red chile
- 1 pound uncured pork belly, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 2 small bunches of tatsoi
- 1–2 teaspoons hulled sesame seeds, toasted
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, lime juice, ginger, and chile.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add pork belly; salt to taste; and cook until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add remaining sesame oil and tatsoi to skillet; once wilted, add sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until sauce slightly thickens.
Divide greens on plates. Top with pork belly. Drizzle with remaining sauce from pan, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.