The mesquite smoked malt of Santa Fe Spirits’ Colkegan single malt whiskey makes for a perfect finish to edible’s “Up in Smoke” issue. Enjoy with a bit of water or try the cocktail below.
- 2 ounces Santa Fe Spirits’ Colkegan single malt whiskey
- 1 ounce rosemary simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3–4 shakes Angostura bitters
- 1 sprig rosemary for garnish
Soak top quarter of rosemary sprig upside down in 100 proof alcohol for five minutes.
Place all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake vigorously for 10 seconds and strain into a rocks glass. Put sprig of alcohol-soaked rosemary in cocktail and light on fire—the fire will go out quickly, but the smoking sprig will continue to enhance the aromas of the drink.
Rosemary Simple Syrup
To make the rosemary simple syrup, bring 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 3–5 washed rosemary sprigs to a boil. Boil for 1 minute until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes, then strain out or remove the rosemary sprigs. Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Latest posts by Edible Santa Fe (see all)
- Best Cafe, Albuquerque: The Shop Breakfast + Lunch - November 19, 2017
- Thanksgiving Toddy - November 19, 2017
- Forged in Fire - November 16, 2017