This recipe comes from Jonathan Perno, Chef at Los Poblanos. Learn more about him, here.
Zucchini, Tomato, and Cream Salad
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon, halved
- Handful of parsley leaves
- Handful of oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 6 ounces green zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 pickled hot peppers, sliced
- 1 white of leek, cut thin and fried
- Microgreens, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Marinate halved cherry tomatoes in a small mixing bowl; add salt, pepper, olive oil, parsley, oregano, and half of the lemon juice. Mix and let marinate for up to a half hour. Next, to make the cream dressing in another small mixing bowl, add cream and a pinch of salt. Whip the cream until it starts to become a bit more viscous, then add vinegar and remainder of the lemon juice. Keep whisking until cream mixture starts to thicken (don’t over-whisk the dressing; it will become too thick). Set aside in refrigerator until ready to build the salad. To build, add the zucchini to a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix, add dressing, and combine. On a plate or bowl, add marinated tomatoes; then place zucchini on top; and finish with hot peppers, microgreens, and fried leeks.