Roasted Delicata Squash Salad with Shallot Dressing
- 2 medium delicata squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup celery hearts, chopped (preferably with leaves)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut delicata in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds and pulp. Cut lengthwise again, and then slice into 1/4-inch quarter moons. In a medium bowl, toss delicata with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until coated. Spread out in a single layer onto a baking sheet. Roast, stirring once or twice, until tender and darkened in spots, 16–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, honey, caraway, the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl. Microwave until boiling hot, 60–90 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir in shallots. Set aside for 10 minutes. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Toss cabbage, pomegranate, celery, hot roasted delicata squash, and warm shallot dressing in a large salad bowl. Divide among four plates and top with pecans and parsley.