Asian Bison Bowl
- 1 pound ground bison
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce combined with 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons red chile flakes
Base, Toppings, Fat, and Finish
- 1 package vermicelli rice noodles, cooked
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, crushed
- Chile oil
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bison and season with pepper. Cook, stirring and crumbling into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned. Drain excess fat.
Add remaining ingredients and cook for a few minutes, allowing the flavors to absorb into the meat.
Serve bison with vermicelli rice noodles and garnish with green onion, radishes, and cucumbers. Garnish with crushed peanuts and drizzle with your favorite hot chile oil.
Making your bowl well-balanced will leave you feeling satisfied, so adding a protein such as organic eggs, chicken, grassfed beef, tofu, or legumes is always a great idea. Roasted squash, charred Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes are high protein vegan options.