By Quinn Stephenson of Coyote Cafe & Cantina
- 1 1/2 ounces Roca Patrón Silver
- 3 ounces pink grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce soda water
- 1/2 ounce cardamom-infused simple syrup Agave syrup
- Pop rock candy, for garnish
To make cardamom-infused simple syrup:
Grind 1/3 cup green cardamom pods in a spice grinder and place in a pan. Add 1 cup simple syrup (one part water one part sugar) to the pods and heat to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool. Filter infusion through a fine strainer and pour into a squeeze bottle.
To rim the glass:
Apply a thin layer of agave syrup to the outer rim of a highball glass, then dip rim in strawberry pop rock candy.
To make the drink:
Rim a highball glass with pop rock candy and fill with ice, then layer all remaining ingredients and stir gently.