Sprouted Mung Beans and Herbs
- 1 cup sprouted mung beans
- 2 large carrots grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or any fresh herbs, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start the sprouting process 2–4 days before making this salad. In a clean 1-quart canning jar, add 1 cup mung beans and enough water to fill 2/3 of the jar. Let sit overnight uncovered. Drain water and rinse beans, leaving them in the jar. Cover the jar with a piece of cheesecloth, holding it in place with a lid ring or a rubber band. Lay the jar on its side on the counter, shaking the beans to distribute them evenly. Once in the morning and once in the evening until ready to use, rinse the beans. Sprouts will continue to grow for several weeks if well rinsed. To slow growth, put a sealed lid on the jar and refrigerate—they should keep for up to a week.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Combine veggies in a bowl, and toss with dressing. Serve topped with sesame seeds and fresh basil.