Laotian Chicken Enchiladas
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 1/3 cup daikon radish shredded
- 1/2 cup cabbage shredded
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 scallions green ends sliced (save whites for another recipe)
- 1/3 cup peanuts crushed, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 1/2 cups organic coconut milk
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup Kinna’s Tamarind Chile Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Kinna’s Laos Chile Paste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add canola oil. Add onions, cabbage, daikon radish, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring to mix. Let cook until vegetables are soft, about 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken, green onions, peanuts, cilantro, remaining salt, and pepper, tossing to coat, and let cook for 1–2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup coconut milk and 1/3 cup tamarind chile sauce, mixing thoroughly to combine. Turn off heat.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Whisk together remaining coconut milk, tamarind chile sauce, and Laos chile paste. Pour about 1/2 cup or so on the bottom of the dish. Place a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture on each tortilla, roll up tightly and place in the dish. Cover with remaining coconut milk and chile sauce mix. Use a spoon and cover every inch of the tortillas completely with the sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with additional peanuts and cilantro. As you plate the enchiladas, spoon sauce from the bottom of the dish over the top of the tortillas.