Cooking Tip: How to Roast a Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the top and bottom ends of the spaghetti squash.
- Stand the squash upright on a stable surface and slice through it from top to bottom to divide it in half.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard them.
- Drizzle the insides of each squash half with 1 teaspoon olive oil and rub it all over the inside. Sprinkle the interior of the squash with salt and pepper and then place the halves cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, until the cut sides are turning golden and the interiors are easily pierced through with a fork. Small squash will be done sooner than large squash and will require less oil.
- Once the squash is done baking, fluff the interiors with a fork—it will look like spaghetti. Serve as desired.
Edible celebrates New Mexico's food culture, season by season. We believe that knowing where our food comes from is a powerful thing. With our high-quality, aesthetically pleasing and informative publication, we inspire readers to support and celebrate the growers, producers, chefs, beverage and food artisans, and other food professionals in our community.