- 2 ounces Santa Fe Spirits’ Colkegan single malt whiskey
- 1 ounce rosemary simple syrup recipe below
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3 –4 shakes Angostura bitters
- 1 sprig rosemary for garnish
- Soak top quarter of rosemary sprig upside down in 100 proof alcohol for five minutes.
- Place all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake vigorously for 10 seconds and strain into a rocks glass. Put sprig of alcohol-soaked rosemary in cocktail and light on fire—the fire will go out quickly, but the smoking sprig will continue to enhance the aromas of the drink.
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- To make the rosemary simple syrup, bring 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 3–5 washed rosemary sprigs to a boil. Boil for 1 minute until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes, then strain out or remove the rosemary sprigs. Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.