Recipe by Quinn Stephenson, owner and mixologist of Coyote Cafe
Coyote Cafe mixologist and owner, Quinn Stephenson, shakes up this bright cocktail just in time for spring.
- 2 ounces citrus vodka
- 4 ounces Granny Smith apple juice (see recipe below)
- 1/2 ounces thyme syrup (see recipe below)
- 1/4 ounces lemon juice
- 1 thyme sprig, for garnish
To make the cocktail: Vigorously shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Granny Smith apple juice:
- 6 Granny Smith apples
Core apples and cut into pieces; blend well in a blender. Strain contents through a fine strainer. Makes enough for 6 cocktails.
- 6 ounces sugar
- 12 ounces water
- 6 ounces fresh thyme, cleaned
Mix 6 ounces of sugar with 12 ounces of water, completely dissolving the sugar. Soak the fresh thyme in the liquid overnight in the refrigerator, allowing thyme to macerate. Do not heat the syrup. Strain the next day.
Latest posts by Edible Santa Fe (see all)
- Apricot and Cherry Mostarda - July 18, 2018
- Add the Agriculture Industry to the #MeToo Movement - July 17, 2018
- Native Sisters - July 9, 2018