Brighten up grilled chicken, fish, or pork with a side of this salsa, or eat with your favorite corn tortilla chips.
- 3/4 pound sweet cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a large bowl, stir cherries together with sugar and let stand 5 minutes for the sugar to absorb. Stir in lime juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, and salt. Gently fold in red onion, jalapeños, and cilantro. Chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Serve cold or at room temperature.